Today we’re announcing 1.4 R26 of the Xibo for Android client – which makes the client better than ever!
The client is still available on a free 14 day no obligation trial and available to purchase directly from our website at https://springsignage.com/xibo-for-android/. The application is also available directly from our download centre.
Instructions for upgrading from an earlier release can be found in the FAQ.
Xibo for Android couples the flexibility of the excellent Xibo Content Management and Delivery System with the power of the Android platform to bring you a digital signage player packed with features at a fraction of the usual cost.
Issues Resolved in this release:
- Stability Improvements
- Improved file handling
- Fail safe for when the device reboots and the removable storage is not ready
- Fix for some web page media opening the default browser
- Support for Web page media using Basic Authentication in the URL
- User configurable delay for starting the application after rebooting the device
- Support for shell commands (requires root)
- Improved detection for whether a layout is ready to play (requires 1.5.2 CMS)
- Improved client for our White Label Customers
- Improved configuration options for when to show the “action bar”
If you have any questions don’t hesitate to ask.